MSM believes that its role is to enhance the overall investment that you have made in the Property. We strive to accomplish this by developing a customized and detailed property management program built around preventative maintenance and unsurpassed customer service
MSM’s property management solution will allow the Property to function effectively for many years to come. MSM regularly inspects all areas of the Property on a regular basis. There are two major components of the program: preventative maintenance and immediately addressing problem areas. By consistently inspecting all equipment and areas throughout the Property, your facility is able to run smoothly while reducing costly repairs due to lack of maintenance while providing the Owner Group the opportunity to concentrate on other things while feeling secure and confident that their investment is being protected and enhanced.
MSM conducts a weekly walk-through of the Property utilizing an agreed upon checklist. MSM also monitors preventative maintenance tasks based on the level of frequency described in the walk-through checklist which is completed and filed. This checklist is customized based on the needs of the Property and by direction and collaboration of the Owner Group.
Our Commercial Management Program includes but is not limited to the following areas. Please keep in mind that we treat each client on an individual and unique basis so no two clients are the same.
MSM will manage all maintenance contracts and coordinate any and/or all vendor and trade partner activity for project’s that need to be completed as part of this section.
Elevator Preventative Maintenance
MSM will perform, facilitate and document the monthly required State inspections. If necessary, they will handle the preparation of necessary documents to remain in compliance.
MSM conducts weekly inspections of all lighting in the building (areas which we are responsible for) as well as all exterior lights. MSM will manage all maintenance contracts and coordinate any and/or all vendor and trade partner activity for project’s that need to be completed as part of this section.
Common Area Inspection
MSM will conduct weekly inspections of all common areas to determine any areas that need additional focus.
Exterior Landscape and Maintenance
MSM will manage all maintenance contracts and coordinate any and/or all vendor and trade partner activity for project’s that need to be completed as part of this section. Activity in this area includes securing bids for the general upkeep of existing landscaping and common area maintenance including but not limited to cleaning of sidewalks, irrigation services, mulching and pruning, trash removal, managing snow removal, etc. The overall goal is to maintain (or create) the image that the Owner Group wishes to project as it relates to the exterior condition of their building.
Vendor/Trade Partner Management
MSM will coordinate, organize and manage all vendor and trade partner contracts or agreements to ensure compliance. MSM will also manage the bidding activity for project’s that need to be completed as part of the program.
As a licensed broker, MSM is able to provide leasing and real estate services to the Owner group and its tenants. This service is critical to ensure building occupancy and the ability of MSM to assist the Owner group in enhancing and maintaining its investment.
Call Center and Database
MSM utilizes a customized software program to track all activity within the Property. MSM believes that it is critical for the Owner Group to have access to this data on a real time basis to understand what is happening and to track the status of on-going projects. Through its 24 hour hotline and its call center structure, MSM is able to coordinate and facilitate timely action on items of importance to the Owner Group and its investment.
Fire Alarm Testing and Certification
MSM will manage the annual sprinkler certification and testing process and be responsible for completing and maintaining the proper documentation to support the program. MSM will also manage the annual fire alarm testing process and be responsible for completing and maintaining the proper documentation to support the program.
MSM will be responsible for managing the door lock hardware and door closure systems currently in place. We will work with the current trade partner and we will not be involved in the monitoring activity associated with the system.
As needs arise throughout the Property, MSM will provide the necessary general maintenance support to address most building concerns.
- Establish and maintain standard bookkeeping systems and procedures according to generally accepted accounting principles for the purpose of keeping satisfactory financial records for all receipts, income, expense, disbursements, assets and liabilities belonging to or owned by the Owner Group. Said financial records shall be available at all times with reasonable notice for review by the Owner Group.
- MSM shall provide the following monthly reports:
- Narrative Report on Management activities during the month
- Actual vs. Budget Expense and Income both monthly and cumulatively
- Accounts payable aging report
- Accounts receivable/delinquencies list
- Subsidiary Reserve Statement
- Cash Reconciliation Report
- Monthly Maintenance Repor
- Such other items as may be reasonably requested by the Owner Group or the Owner Group's accountants, as they pertain to the support of items (a) through (g) above.
- MSM shall prepare and submit to the Owner Group, on or before November 1st of each year, a recommended budget for the next fiscal year showing anticipated receipts and expenditures for each year.
- Prepare, perform and distribute the payment of all bills, obligations, payroll, and salary expenses of the Owner Group on a timely basis so as to take advantage of all available discounts and avoid any penalties of finance charges, providing funds are available.
- MSM shall pay from the funds of the Owner Group all taxes, building inspection fees, water rates and other governmental charges, and all other charges or obligations incurred by the Owner Group with respect to the Common Areas or the maintenance and operation of the Development or incurred by the Managing Agent on behalf of the Owner Group, subject only to availability of sufficient funds in the Owner Group’s bank accounts.
- Assist and maintain business-like relations with outside independent auditors, certified public accountants, and attorneys engaged by the Owner Group from time to time.